Residents of the Cottages, Residential Units, Mews and Greendale House have access to a wide range of facilities, including a library, a "Meals on Wheels" service, and a Social Worker who is available to assist members of HADCA including those who are resident in the HADCA Retirement Village.
Some of the facilities available to the residents of the Cottages, Residential Units, Mews and Greendale House are listed below:
- A library which is open three afternoons per week - Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 2.30 - 4 pm.
- There is a resident Hairdresser.
- Lunches are available at a sub-economic cost at the “Elizabeth Gardens dining room” at Greendale House, 7 days per week. Prior booking at Greendale House (033 2391300) is essential.
- Residents who are sick may have meals delivered to them during the week to their cottage for a small additional charge.
- Residents who are in need of nursing care may take advantage of HADCA’s Home Help Service.
- A clinic which is supervised by a Professional Sister and is open at Greendale House on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and at Midmar Gardens on Monday mornings.
- A Toyota Quantum operates from Greendale House on Tuesdays of each week to Howick village at a nominal cost per trip. The transport leaves at 9.00 am and returns about 11.30 am.
- A Social Worker who also co-ordinates applications for entry to Greendale House and The Cloisters, and visits those persons who are in need of the Home Help Service. She can be contacted at Greendale House on telephone (033) 239 1300.